A perfect fall recipe, this gluten free grilled cheese is a great snack and especially delicious after spending the day outside in the cooler weather. With so many sweet apple recipes, we thought to try something a little more savory and combine the softness and creaminess of our Milky White gluten free bread with a tart apple sauce and some tasty cheddar.
If you haven’t have the time to go apple picking yet, here is a website that could help you find the perfect spot.
- 2 slices of Milky White bread
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced thinly
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of applesauce
- Maple syrup
- Lay out 2 slices of Milky White bread. Add 1 slice of cheese on one slice of bread. Add apple slices and applesauce on top of cheese slices. Top with another slice of cheese, and then place the remaining bread slices on top.
- Slather butter on the top piece of bread.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat, and lay the sandwiches with the buttered bread touching the skillet. Butter the top piece of bread now.
- Place a sandwich press or heavy bottom skillet on top of the sandwiches to press them down. Cook for 3-4 minutes on first side, or until browned. Flip carefully and cook 2-3 minutes on the other side, allowing to brown (careful – second side usually cooks faster).