The trend is Toast!
A perfect healthy breakfast choice or fulfilling snack, Spiffy Bakeshop will regularly feature creative gluten free bakery toast ideas. #ToastTuesdaysThis toast recipe features our Nutty Honey sliced bread, a dough chock-full of crunchy walnuts. With fall in the air, we have apples on our minds and paired this bread with apple butter, banana and a touch of honey.
- 2 slices of Nutty Honey sliced bread
- 1 Banana
- Apple butter (see recipe below)
After toasting two slices of Nutty Honey gluten free bread, smear a generous amount of apple butter onto the toast.
Lay the bananas on top of the apple butter. Drizzle honey all over. Enjoy!
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 12 little apples spartan or 8 cortlands
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pour maple syrup into a high sauce pain and heat. Peel the apples and remove the core. Slice the apples and place them in the maple syrup.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer gently for 45 minutes or until there is not much liquid in the pan.
- Remove from heat and puree in a food processor.
*Keep the apple butter in the fridge or freezer.